Thursday, September 23, 2010

Makeup Review: Makeup Brushes ... MAC

This post is about the different kinds of makeup brushes that I've tried.  For now I have invested in a few MAC brushes, a beginners set from Essence of Beauty and a set from Sigma Brushes.  Sigma is a U.S. brand which patterned its brushes from MAC so they have the same numbers.

From MAC I have the following: please noted that I have discussed some of these brushes in an older post (Basic Makeup Brush)
1. 217 - my favorite eye brush; I use it to apply my crease color and for blending
2. 242 - I use it to apply the lid color and sometimes eyeliner shadow;
3.219 - a pencil brush that I use to apply the crease shadow with (rarely); sometimes I use it to soften my eyeliner
4.224 - I use it for blending and for applying concealer under my eyes


5.109 - another all time favorite face brush; I use it to apply liquid foundation and blush
6.138 - another fave face brush; I use it to apply loose powder or bronzer (for contouring my cheeks); it is a pointed fluffy brush which fits in the inner corners of the eye; it is sooo soft too
7. 223 - my least used brush; shouldn't have bought this one; I was looking for a 226 and the MUA suggested this because he said it is similar....it is not! 
One thing I don't like about some of MAC's face brushes is that it sheds.

Next on my wish list are: 227, 239, 208, 116, 134 and 182.  Mind you, I buy these brushes 1 at a time because I know they can get a bit pricey.  I take good care of them because I know they will last me a long while....1 artist told me hers is 10 yrs old!  I make sure to spot clean them after every use and I deep clean them once a week.  Hopefully that will do the trick.  But before you go to a counter make sure that you do your research first so you will have idea on what you want to get.

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment