Monday, September 13, 2010

Makeup Review: Eye Shadows

Marina and African Violet
Of all the makeup products available I can say that the eye shadow is my favorite, although foundations and lipsticks are a close second ( yup, they're both number 2 in my book).  So every once in a while I try to buy a shade or 2 to appease my craving.  Here are some of the items I got the last few months:

1. Laura Mercier. Marina and African Violet.  Although I rarely wear the Marina(blue) it still gives me joy whenever I look at it :)..very silky and highly pigmented; blends easily; Laura Mercier have very wearable shades for an everyday look

2. MAC. All that Glitters. I love this color, it is pinkish champagne-y color and great for a neutral look.  So far I have been able to use it only once but I can already say that I will be wearing this quite often.  It's smooth, has a bit of shimmer and you can easily blend the color onto your eyelid.  MAC has so many shades to choose from that you are bound to see something you like.



3. Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow.  Samba-dy loves me, Skinny Jeans and Busy Signal.  Very smooth and very pigmented.  Sadly it was not able to stand the heat when I was in Hong Kong.  We were walking the whole day, coming in and out of the MTR, the cream didn't stand a chance.  To think I applied an eyelid primer, still no luck.  But I think it's still pretty.  Maybe I'll pile on a primer some more before using this cream shadow :)



Nepal
4. Nars. Nepal.  This actually reminds me of MAC's All that Glitters but silkier and smoother.  They have quite a variety of shades to choose from plus they have Eye shadow Duos which helps the user apply makeup quicker.  Kinda pricey but definitely worth it especially for those who love using eye shadows.

There are a lot of brands who make great shadows but these are the ones that stand out for me.  What are your favorite brands and colors?

Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment