Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Skincare Review: OBAGI

I found myself in need of a dermatologist just 2 years ago. This is when I went to Obagi and consulted with my classmate/future dermatologist to be. I've never been happier. Since then I've tried several chemical peels, Rejuvinating facials and their products (of course). Here's a quick rundown of what I've had done and are using:

Treatments: Chemical Peels to bring back glowing skin
1. Glycolic Peel- very mild, not too much peeling (which I really like) and refreshes the skin
2. Sensi Peel- treatment is a bit tingly especially after acne surgery but after a while it goes away. Peeling is more but in big chunks so it's faster. I don't recommend this when you have a date or some formal thing you have to go to within that same week.
3. Pumpkin Peel- You turn orange after the treatment because of the color of the mask they put. I don't like it because it gave me a major breakout but the smell was nice....cinnamon.

Radio Frequency- This is an anti-aging process that uses heat (that must reach a certain temperature) to stimulate collagen production. It helps revitalize your skin and lifts it. It's a 30-min session with a downtime of one week before your next session. I was advised not to combine this with other chemical peels. I have a package of 7 sessions after that 1 session a month for maintenance.

Facials: Oxygenating-this takes about an hour and a half. Exfoliating is done (my favorite part). Really improves the appearance of my skin. Too long though so I always have to think about it before I agree to it.

Products:
1. Foam Gel-my everyday facial cleanser
2. ZO Te-pads medicated pore treatment. Pads are soaked in salycilic acid. Exfoliates dead skincells and reduce oiliness.
3. Obagi C-clarifying serum- it's a skin lightening serum with Vitamin c and hydroquinone- the best in making dark spots/scars disappear. Works very fast.
4. Complex A-retinol cream for the lines and pores. I use it on my neck also.

No comments:

Post a Comment