Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Makeup Review: Eyeshadow Primer

My favorite part about applying makeup is using eyeshadow and since our weather is rarely cool I felt I had to make sure my eyeshadows don't crease in the middle of the day.  So my search started - to find a good primer that will help me achieve my goal (not to look oily at all cost).  Here are some of the primers I have tried so far.
Laura Mercier's Eye Basic - At first I thought that it was an okay product until I realized it wasn't really a primer. I believe it is more like a shadow base.  The color that I have is Wheat and it works in the sense that it evens out my eyelid shade.
Urban Decay's Primer Potion - One of the best ones out there!  It has no color and glides on smoothly. No creasing from sun up to sun down! Only thing is, it is kind of drying so I have to put an eye cream on my lids at night before I go to sleep.  Unfortunately, it is currently not available here in Manila.
MAC's Prep and Prime Eyes - Once again at first I thought it was great but after a few hours I found out that it was not so great.  Although it is much better than the eye basics I can tell u that.  It has a cream to powder like consistency and it matches my eyelid shade perfectly.  Maybe I should just use a dab so it wouldn't crease on me?  I'll experiment on this some more.
Smashbox eye lid primer - Flesh tone and a bit creamier than the eye basics but it works! Works better than the MAC and the Laura Mercier.  Available at Beauty Bar.
I have heard some people say that Mac's Paint Pots can be used as primers, have you guys tried it? Did it crease or was it able to hold it's own in our climate?

Thanks for reading.  See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment