Monday, July 19, 2010

Make Up Mecca that is SEPHORA

I'am currently on vacation in San Francisco and have in mind a list of sites to see. of course when I say sites I mean stores...haha...particularly this one called Sephora.
It's not hard to spot this black and white facade from afar and when I do, it's like a call from the Mother Ship. When you enter you're instantly in a state of panic. Where do I go? What do I do? stupid questions really but very important if you're an addict like me. Some brands that they have, fortunately, are available back home (Manila). Some though like Korres, Tarte, Too Faced, Urban Decay and Lorac are not, so it's always a sight for sore eyes to see my long lost amigos. Walking thru that maze of shelves and salespersons is absolutely amazing, it's like opening your own walk-in closet of Make Up...Mr. Big where are you???
Every which way you turn there is a foundation staring at you or a lipstick calling out to you (by your first name ha and that's scary), but you try very hard to ignore it. It's ok! It happens all time, it just means you're subconscious is linked up to their subconscious. Our fascination with those pretty little suckers never ends until a new one comes along. Just ask my friend L, who just bought (for the enth time) a foundation, while there are still 2-3 opened bottles waiting to be consumed. We all have our weapons of choice, mine being the foundation, blush and lipstick. I have nothing against eyeshadow/liner, just don't have the patience to mix and mutch (hahaha that's match).
So my gorgeous ladies, if you're on this side of the globe, dont forget to pay your respects, arm yourself with a good amount of cash or better yet a credit card with a (very) high limit and charge away. Your world awaits!

1 comment:

  1. Hi dr evil! you are 1 lucky devil for being able to pay homage :)) I'm sure u went a little crazy....not that u need to since u already are :)))
    shop some more and tell us all about the new makeup u bought :)))

    ReplyDelete