Saturday, July 3, 2010

Makeup Review by Kimmy: Benefit Dandelion


I have always been obsessed with the "no make-up" make-up look ...  beautiful skin, flushed cheeks, moisturized lips.  Simple... and ,  what women tend to forget,  what men really prefer. Did your better  half ever say to you.. "love your smokey eyes, honey?" Or, "love your  red lipstick, sweetheart?"  Isn't it more of  "what did you put on  your lips ?!?! or, You better not get that on my shirt!!!  Or the very  irritating question, "o, saan ka naman pupunta?" So, to achieve a more 
natural look for men who prefer the "girl next door" rather than the  vamp we always try to be, I use a face powder from Benefit called  Dandelion. Dandelion is a a gentle pink luminous powder with a scent  that is quite appealing to the senses.

After applying foundation to create " flawless beautiful skin", I  apply powder to warm the foundation and create a more natural flushed  look.  Because I have very fair skin, I stay away from your usual  bronzers to add warmth as it only comes out muddy and fake looking.  Dandelion does the trick for me and by applying more on the cheeks, I  also create rosy cheeked look. And because younger looking skin is  really dewy and not mattish, the powder helps me achieve a bit of a  glow.  Of course, to finish of the look, one can apply lipgloss with a  hint of berry color in it. I discovered Korres new lip butter with  flavor so I already grabbed one of those too as this would be  something the better half won't complain about...
*picture from Benefit cosmetics*

No comments:

Post a Comment