Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Makeup Review: Smashbox Wish Palette

photo from google images
I don't know what it is about palettes that I'm drawn to but I always get suckered into getting them.  Of course I take into consideration the price before buying them.  And with the Smashbox, I really gave myself time to think about it, I gave myself a week actually.
I was not disappointed (phew!) and I am so happy with it because I really like the brand.  The Palette has eye shadows, blush, highlighter,bronzer, eye liners, brow powder and lip glosses.  It is truly over whelming and I haven't really used much of it.  I just enjoy looking at it, is that silly? :)
Here are the things that I know from using the palette:
eye shadow - very pigmented; blends easily ( as with other Smashbox shadows)
eye liner - very pigmented as well but it does smudge so I apply a shadow over to set it
brow powder - comes in 2 shades ( light brown and dark brown); worn as is (powder form) it does not stay on my brows for a long time; used with a wet brush, it stays on longer than with a dry brush; comes with an eye brow wax too
highlighter -  very shimmery; somewhat powdery; has a light pinkish color
lip gloss - very pigmented; shades vary from very light(pink and peach) to dark/bright (pink, mauve to deep red); I removed the glosses and transferred them into individual pots for convenience
Palette comes with a few makeup brushes which is always a plus especially when they're very usable
Overall, I love it.  Everything you will need is in 1 container and I like Smashbox, always have and always will :)
Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment