Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Makeup Review: Lipsticks (pinkish mauve shade)

This review is about the lipsticks that I currently use.  I only have 3 types of colors and they are:
1. nude - which I wrote about early on entitled Nude Lipsticks
2. pinkish mauve - which I'll be telling you about now
3. red/wine

Shown on the side is the photo of my pinkish mauve lipsticks and I'll tell you what I like or don't like about it.
Laura Mercier -  Dusk; very smooth; moisturizing; originally what I was looking for was out of stock so I ended up getting this one; love it
Nars - Pigalle; very pigmented; not very moisturizing because it is semi matte; still loving it
Benefit - On the Sly; very moisturizing; glides easily; for me it has that feminine shade to it; love it
Chanel - Emotion #17; nice packaging; slightly on the shimmery/frosty side; ho hum; will not repurchase
Elizabeth Arden - Perfect Rose; has that bright rose shade; moisturizing; 1st time to try this brand and I'm not too crazy about it
Revlon - Mauve it Over (matte); looks flat; accentuates the lines on my lips; shade is nice though; will not repurchase...ever
Laura Mercier Lip Velvet - Royal Plum; very smooth; not drying; I use it over the matte Revlon; thinking of purchasing another color; has the doe foot applicator which makes it easier to apply
Anna Sui - unfortunately the lipstick broke so I had to depot and transfer into a small jar; very smooth; not drying at all; sadly, it's not available here
Do you have a Holy Grail Lipstick brand or shade?
Thanks for reading and see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment