Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Makeup Tips: Lessons learned

After years of having a MUA do my makeup, reading magazines and attending seminars, I was bound to pick up makeup tricks here and there.  So here are some of the things I've learned over the years.
1. Cream on cream and powder on powder.  This refers to the type of base and blush you can use.  If you have a powder foundation on, you should use a powder blush too.  Using a cream blush will just smear your powder foundation.  Of course if you have on a liquid foundation you can use a powder blush because it will not erase your base.
2.  If you are using a mineral powder foundation and you have some dry patches on your face, the powder will enhance those patches all the more.  That's why you have to make sure you moisturize before applying your makeup primer/base.
3.  This 3rd one is widely known, always blend your foundation onto your neck; remember to apply foundation on your ears if and when your ears are pinkish and your foundation is not.
4.  I recently used the MAC 109 brush to apply my liquid foundation and I loved the result! No streaks and looks very smooth.  Will have to buy another 109 for my blush :)
5. I just bought the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Blusher Brush and used it for my liquid foundation.  Result...amazing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment