Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Makeup Review: Mascara highs and lows

I have never been into mascaras. Probably because it would always find its way under my eyes which makes me look like kung fu panda, not exactly the look I'm going for. But since last year that I've been seriously interested in makeup I was told that the look is incomplete without mascara. Tried it and true enough it looked half done. So I began my search for a mascara that will not smudge.

I bought:

Maybelline's Unstoppable Lash Waterproof

  • I liked the brush because it separated my lashes and since it was a small I was able to reach the inner corners without it smearing onto my skin
  • Consistency was a little bit too watery
  • The mascara didn't dry out as fast as I thought it would. I probably used it for a good 6 months.I might repurchase
I was looking for Cover Girl Lash Blast but couldn't find at my local drugstore so I ended up buying L'oreal Collagene Mascara

  • When I opened it I was surprised at the consistency. It was very thick. The brush even had clumps, to think it was new.
  • My eyelashes looked thicker and fuller. A friend actually noticed it 1 time. So definitely volumizing. That volume came with a price. I felt my outer lashes sticking to one another.
  • I had a feeling that it might be a bit difficult to work with because it looks clumpy. Yup, I was right. I had to use a spare mascara wand just to work out the clumps
  • Unfortunately I didn't have the patience to use it often. I stopped using it even before the 3rd month.  I won't repurchase.
I then had a chance to try out Benefit's Bad Gal Lash

  • I'm glad that the consistency is not as wet as the others I've tried
  • Although it was a sample size, I was able to use it for more than 3 months which is always a plus in my book
  • The brush worked well in separating my lashes and it looked like as if I had thick lashes.  Will definitely buy the full size!
Also tried Chanel's Inimitable Mascara

  • Instantly saw the effect of the mascara...very nice!
  • It's too pricey for a product that will dry out in 3 months, 4 if you're lucky so no thanks
Shiseido Perfect Mascara
  • very lengthening; you can actually see some of the fibers do its magic; I wonder how much it costs...hmmm
Lastly, the Cover Girl Lash Blast

  • Brush is big but easy to work with once you get the hang of it. The bristles are short so it makes it easy to use for the corner lashes
  • Whenever you pull the wand out you don't get a big goop of mascara at the end of the brush, which is a good thing
  • Consistency is just right.  Overall, a good mascara
What have you tried and liked or didn't like?  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment