Saturday, June 19, 2010

Makeup Review: Laura Mercier Products


In search of a good foundation

Last year I was looking for a good liquid foundation for combination/oily skin and I was doing my usual rounds at Rustan's Makati and Alabang. After reading about Laura Mercier I decided to take the plunge and invest. Read on and you'll understand why I consider it as a small investment.

I decided to buy the Liquid Foundation (my shade is warm beige), the oil-free foundation Primer, the Secret Brightening Powder , Duo Concealer with loose powder (shade number 2), Moroccan Bronze Illuminating Powder and lastly, the Pressed Powder. Knowing I have these tools at my disposal made me feel well equipped to cover my imperfections. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Before I rant and rave, let me just say that all the things that are written here by me are my opinion. First item, the Oil- free Primer: it's anything BUT oil-free! Shiny! Shiny! Shiny! The Liquid Foundation wasn't that great either. After application, the overall effect was dewy. I had to set it with the loose powder before it looked matte - matte enough to my liking.

The Secret Brightening Powder made my under eye area look ashy. Maybe I should try a different concealer, I don't know. But I won't give up on these babies yet. They're not all so-so, I do love the loose powder, although I only have the small size. Maybe I'll purchase the regular size of the loose powder…hmmm. Loved the Illuminating powder ( I apply it under a blush; it contours and gives a hint of a glow). I can't really say much about the pressed powder, only because I haven't been using it that often. The reason for this is that I am trying to finish my MAC Studio Fix Powder; I hit pan on it already, so might as well get it over and done with.


Another LM foundation is the Silk Crème Foundation which I purchased a couple of weeks back. My take on it is....I love it!!! It applies very smoothly, hence the name silk crème. It matches my skin shade perfectly; I use Bamboo Beige, and my face looked flawless. Not perfect by any means but a major improvement definitely. Don't get me wrong, just because I loved this foundation doesn't mean that I'll stop trying other brands, which I have ;). All I need now is to find that elusive oil free primer. I do have the Smashbox foundation primer but I'll save that for another day.


What have you tried and liked?  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. The oil free Smashbox foundation primer is a sure winner when it comes to oil control and prep for flawless foundation application. I've also tried the original Smashbox foundation primer (which is always in the category of "sephora favorites" whenever I check the site) but I prefer the oil free version (maybe because my face is oily???? duh!) :)

    ReplyDelete