Saturday, June 19, 2010

Makeup Review: Nude Lipsticks

My fascination with Nude Lippies


When you say "nude" what comes to mind is a skin tone color. But when you talk about "nude lippies", that is another story. Some still considers nude as skin tone while others categorizes it in a whole different color range. What I prefer are nude shades with a hint of pink in them. Such is the case with 1 particular lipstick shade from Laura Mercier and the shade is called Nude Lips. I'm always in search of other 'nudes' so every time I'm at Rustan's I check out the LM counter to see if they have any new nude lipsticks. Of course I always end up picking up the Nude Lips, go figure. I guess that shows how much I love that shade.


I've tried lipsticks from other brands like Prestige (Mocha), Smashbox (Socialite) and Benefit (Lady's Choice) and Nyx (Frosted Beige). Though they have their own take on the nude, I liked them all. I apply a Raspberry Gloss (Napoleon Perdis) over the Prestige Mocha and the effect is similar to LM Nude Lips. .. me likey very much. Benefit's Lady's Choice is very similar to Smashbox's Sublime, just a tad lighter, hence more nude. I found out that Benefit's Lady's Choice washes me out especially in pictures, so I normally apply a pinkish lipstick over it or a lip gloss.

I've seen some shades from Bobbi Brown that are very nice but I'm sure the price is very nice too.


What are your favorite lippies?  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. My latest purchase was Laura Mercier's Stickgloss 'Patchouli'. Though it is already moisturizing and hydrating, I still prefer applying lip balm underneath it and a nice shimmering lip gloss on top! I am not a fan of matte lipsticks -- I feel my lips are forever dry! The lipglosses that I can never live without: Laura Mercier's Lip Glace Pink Diamond, Amber Rose and Smashbox's Aura. These look good on nude lipsticks. For nude lips, my favorite is still MAC Mocha with Smashbox's Aura :)

    ReplyDelete