Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Makeup Review: Different Brands of Foundation

Liquid Foundation Craze
I have been having issues with my skin lately so I’m always keeping an eye out for a foundation that will work with my skin.  Here are some of the brands that I have tried recently:
  • Shiseido Dual Balancing – I actually liked this one; it has a high spf and it is a bit sweat proof
  • Nars Sheer Matte  – it’s matte after application; it applies smoothly even though I only used my fingers to apply; after a few hours I found myself needing to blot the t-zone; unfortunately the bottle does not come with a pump; I like it but it is a bit pricey
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear – it stayed on longer than most foundations I have tried; has a good color matching scheme; bottle doesn’t come with a pump either; somehow I'm having a difficult time applying it with my fingers; when setting this foundation I found out that it is better when I use a velour puff instead of a brush; regret getting this 1 :( and to think I waited for 2 weeks before buying it just to be sure I really wanted it, darn!!!
  • Model & Co – this foundation is actually nice but I have a feeling it's on the expensive side :( it's easy to apply, even when you use your fingers
    • VMV Metamorphoskin – a liquid to powder formula; it is very matte, no shine whatsoever; paired it with the Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer; didn’t have to blot until after 4 hours; loving it! Really want to buy this but I still have 3 full bottles of foundations  …what do I do?
    • Revlon Color Stay – I don’t understand what the hype is all about; color is too pinkish for my skin tone; from where I bought mine, they didn’t have a wide range of shades; is it obvious that I don’t like it?
    Have you tried any that you truly liked?  See you next time!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment