Sunday, May 22, 2011

Monday Skincare: A moisturizer for oily skin

Even though I have an oily skin, I am told that I still need to use a moisturizer to hydrate my skin and help prevent environmental damage.  But the question is, what is a good moisturizer for my skin type? I have tried Aveeno Daily Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid, which I use at night because it has a thicker consistency. Also, I used Dermalogica Sheer Moisture which was light but felt like it made me extra oily during the day.  Then I  was introduced to Shu Uemura Purenovate by Hikaru.  She gave me a sample so I could try it.  That sample only lasted a few days because I kept using it :)




This clarifying and balancing moisturizer has a lotion with a jelly-like formula which goes on smoothly.  It has a light consistency and feel to it  and my skin immediately absorbs the moisturizer.  I noticed that it really mattified my skin after a few seconds, that's amazing don't you think? I couldn't stop touching my cheeks every few minutes because it was so smooth. Not only does it gives off a wonderfully light floral scent but that water lily extract also helps purify your skin by transforming the oil into free fatty acid.  The only thing I don't like about this product is that it doesn't have an SPF in it.  If it did, I wouldn't have to apply another layer, which is the sunblock, before applying my makeup.  So Shu, I hope you'll come out with a Purenovate Lotion with an SPF! and when you do, I'll definitely buy another 1 without thinking twice!

You can purchase it at Shu Uemura and here in Manila, I purchased it at Shu Uemura in Rockwell for Php2,000.00

No comments:

Post a Comment