Sunday, May 15, 2011

Monday Skin Detox: Skincare for Oily Skin

After years of struggling with adult acne, I finally found a skincare routine that keeps them at bay.  I haven't completely stopped zits from recurring but I am now able to manage the zits when they appear. Phew!!!
Here is my routine.


Mornings:
  1. Cleanser. I use Facial Therapy House Anti Bacterial Soap all over my face and neck
  2. Toner. Facial Therapy House Salicylic Acid Toner with a cotton pad
  3. Serum.  I use Avene Spring Water Soothing Serum to enhance the effectivity of my moisturizer
  4. Moisturizer. Currently I am using 2 kinds, Shu Uemura Purenovate and Cle de Peau Emulsion Eclat (Clarifying Lotion). 
  5. Eye Cream. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream and  Dermalogica Total Eye Cream with SPF 15
  6. Sunblock.  Etude House Sun Powder Primer Base with SPF 50 PA++.  I know this is not exactly a sunblock but with the high SPF, this serves as my sunblock
  7. Mask.  I use 2, Lush Mask of Magnaminty and Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Mask.  I use this 3 times a week only because I don't want to overly mattify my skin since it might over compensate itself naturally


Evenings:
  1. Cleanser. Dermalogica Thermal Clay Cleanser.  This is white and minty on the face.  I use this with a facial exfoliating pad.  I don't feel any tightness after using this cleanser
  2. Toner.  Facial Therapy House Salicylic Acid toner.  This toner does not sting when used on zits
  3. Serum. Avene Spring Water Soothing Serum
  4. Moisturizer. I alternate between Cle de Peau Emulsion Eclat and Aveeno Daily Moisturizer with Salicylic Acid.  I like the Aveeno better.
  5. Eye Cream.  I alternate between Bobbi Brown Moisturizing eye cream and the one prescribed by my Dermatologist.  The Rx is used every other day because it's too strong to be used everyday
  6. Mask.  When I don't use it in the A.M. I use it at night 2 to 3 times a week or whenever I remember to use 1
I noticed that ever since I have been using a serum my skin in the morning is more radiant and softer.  So now I am on the look out for an anti aging serum and an eye cream (with an SPF) since my Dermalogica Total Eye Cream is about to run out.

Other products are available at  Cle de Peau , Avene , Aveeno , Bobbi Brown and Etude House

No comments:

Post a Comment