Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Pampering: Hair Care Diary featuring Keratin Treatment

I have heard about this Keratin Treatment before and started reading blogs about it.  It is said to restore shine and repair damaged hair.  So when I found out that the salon I go to is offering it, I didn't think twice about trying since  I have been complaining about the texture of my hair after the Digi Perm fiasco.

This treatment includes shampooing of the hair, blow drying, treatment application and lastly flat ironing.  Shampoo took 5 minutes, blow drying was 10 minutes ( give or take because I have long hair), treatment application was 10 minutes ( applying the medicine and combing), and then you wait 30 minutes for the product to seep in.  Flat Ironing took another 15 minutes. Alas, after all that was said and done I can honestly say that I love it!  Only thing I don't like is that you can't wash your hair for 3 days :(

I had it done at Cosmo Salon in BF Homes and it cost me Php6,500.  But it came with a bottle of Keratin shampoo and conditioner.  Nice huh?

This procedure is like hair rebonding minus the bad medicine they use on your hair.  The shampoo smelled of caramel....yum :) and it is soo much better for your hair because it actually restores the oil that helps repair our hair.  I was told that this lasts for 4 months, but with continuous use of the shampoo and conditioner, it might be longer.

Available at AmazonUltaSephora and at some selected salons

No comments:

Post a Comment