Monday, June 20, 2011

New Discovery: Lipstick Shade Alternatives

I noticed that I have this habit of getting similar shades of lipstick from different brands.  But I haven't found anything from my stash that has a duplicate ..... until today!!

I love NARS Dolce Vita lipstick and I am almost done with my 1 tube and  I described it as "similar to your lips but better".  So when I found the ELF Mineral lipstick in Rosy Raisin, I was immediately excited....my kind of shade.   And what do you know, they are very similar!!! at a cheaper price too!!! nice! :)

They both go on smooth and sheer so I found that I need to apply a few coats of it to show on my lips.  They do not dry out my lips and gives a subtle sheen as well.  But 1 thing I noticed with the e.l.f. is that it is moisturizing.

I wanted a brown shade of lipstick so I got the Benefit full finish lipstick in Finders Keepers and truly love it.  It is very creamy and packs a lot of color! I was amazed. The price is $18.00
The alternative is the e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Bare Brown.  It may not be as pigmented as Benefit's but the color is very similar.


They are both moisturizing though.

The last discovery was the Giorgio Armani # 5 shade.  It has a pinkish beige type of color.  Like your lips but better type.


To achieve the same shade as the Armani #5 I had to mix e.l.f. Bare Brown and Rosy Raisin.  Since the pigment on both e.l.f. lipsticks are on the light side I had to apply a few coats of each.  It may seem like you have a lot of lipstick on but that's ok,  I don't think we mind if we apply a lot of lipstick anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment