Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Taupe Nail Polish

My fascination with the Taupe has extended to nail polishes.  Recently I bought a nail polish from Sally Hansen and the color is Commander in Chic 370 .  It is a taupe color but when seen from a different angle it seems like it has a hint of lavender / purple.  This particular color is from Sally Hansen's Complete line wherein you don't need a top and base coat.  But I still used a top coat just to be sure :)





This is the very popular Chanel Taupe polish Particuliere.  I borrowed it from M just to be able to compare the different shades.  Don't mind the shoddy application, I only applied it myself .  The photo below shows 2 application of the nail polish.  This type of taupe is leaning more on the brown side unlike the other 2 that are leaning towards the gray.


The last taupe polish I got is from Etude House and the number is     .  I had to use 3 applications to produce the even look that I am used too.  Comes in a small bottle and the price is Php98.00. The bottle design reminds me of the Anna Sui Makeup line.



Here are the bottles all together and even from the picture you will see that the Sally Hansen is very similar to the Etude House nail polish.  Of course the quality is different and the price but shade-wise I would say it's a cheaper alternative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment