Thursday, April 28, 2011

Are you a sucker for unique/nice/sleek packaging?

I remember my husband telling me that men are attracted to anything shiny so that got me thinking....what am I drawn to when it comes to makeup.  Of course the packaging is the first thing that catches my eye.  And it always makes me wonder "why do I keep falling for it anyway? Well, for one, I would always think..."it would look nice on my vanity" :) or the ever constant "maybe the product is actually good" :)

Here are some of the products that I think have that unique packaging:



Paul and Joe
Paul and Joe Cosmetics.  The dusty pink hue that they use on most of their containers reminds me of the olden days when the packaging are very feminine and soft. It's like your vanity will be transformed into a boudoir...well, maybe not, but one can hope :)

Dior Lip and Cheek Cream
Dior Lip and Cheek Cream
Dior.  Isn't this the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen??!! It's a lip and cheek cream inside this little Dior Bag.  Probably because I am dreaming of having one of these bags that why I think this is the cutest thing ever.  It's hefty so it might not be the most convenient but you'll never be ashamed to use it in public, might even be a conversation piece.



  Nars Cosmetics.  For the minimalist in all of us, here is a sleek, simple and modern packaging.  Even the font NARS is simple. It has a large mirror that is actually usable unlike other brands where you can only see 1 eye at a time. The only thing I don't like about the container is how easily it gets dirty especially when you use your fingers to apply your foundation.


Revlon.  Colorburst.  Don't you just think Revlon is up-ing their game in terms of quality and packaging.  This diamond pattern gives off a higher end feel to it and  I think this is very different from the other drugstore products available.



 Smith's Rosebud Salve.  A cult favorite, this multi-purpose salve has been around for over 100 years.  Although this salve is indeed very good, I like the tin can more.  I think I am drawn towards the vintage design because not a lot of companies use them.












 YSL. The Touche Eclat is worth mentioning because YSL is the pioneeer in using the clicker pen in cosmetics, specifically, the highlighter/concealer. With the all-gold pen-like tube, you can't help but look when you see it at the makeup counter.  Although it gets scratched easily, it still looks very posh.


Estee Lauder Plum Nuance Blush
Estee Lauder.  This cosmetics company has been in business for more than 60 years.  The signature blue (deep navy blue) was thought of by Mrs. Estee Lauder herself.  She believed that it would coordinate with the decor of bathrooms and bedrooms.  The Makeup Line Packaging always has a touch of gold in it, which I love because it makes it look expensive and more polished.

Are you drawn to nice packaging?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment