Monday, April 18, 2011

Makeup Review: MAC Paint Pot

I have first written about this last July 2010 but it's always out of stock here in Manila ( did they ever have it in stock I wonder) :) ...  Thanks to my friend M,  I finally got my hands on 1 when she decided to go back to Hong Kong for a spell.  MAC Paint Pot is a cream-based eye color which goes on smoothly. I wanted to try this out because I heard and read that it is used as a shadow primer and to even out the skin tone.  This is my review of it.

The paint pots come in a small glass jar; the same as MAC's Fluidline and the pot contains 5g of product.  MAC has 9 shades to choose from and  I picked Soft Ochre because I felt it is the best that matched my skin tone.  Soft Ochre is a beige color but with yellow undertone unlike the Painterly which has a pink undertone.



MAC described it as a highly pigmented eye color that goes on creamy but dries to a vibrant intense finish.  It really was very creamy and it looked powdery soft after a couple of seconds.  It truly evened out my eye lid skin color but it creased even with a Primer Potion  ( eye shadow primer) underneath.

Overall this is 1 product that I will not repurchase only because it creased big time.  Especially now that summer is here, I need something that will stand the heat and not melt after an hour of wear.

Do you like the MAC Paint Pot?

No comments:

Post a Comment