Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Makeup Review: Foundation/Face Powders

I use Face Powders when my skin is cooperating or when it is too hot to wear a liquid foundation or when I am pressed for time and lastly, when I am being too lazy to even bother.

I have a few and here are my thoughts.
  1. MAC Studio Fix Powder - a powder foundation that gives a matte finish; I apply this with a large buffer brush or a kabuki brush for an faux airbrush look
  2. Laura Mercier Foundation Powder - this particular pressed powder has a sheer coverage compared to the MAC Studio Fix but also gives a matte finish; staying power is not as long as the previous powder mentioned
  3. 3.  Benefit Get Even Powder - This is not a pressed powder but a blotting powder; a blotting powder is a makeup product that helps absorb oil; although I've had this for quite a while I keep forgetting to use it; will definitely make an effort to use it more often
    4.   Shiseido Sheer Mattifying Compact - an oil-free powder foundation that gives a silky matte finish; so far, my favorite among the 4 that I have;  took 4 hours before I had to blot

No comments:

Post a Comment